As you plan your Passover Seders, make sure you check out these tasty union-made in America recipe ingredients and drinks. These highlights come from our friends at Labor 411, the union business directory from the Los Angeles County Federation of Labor. Food and drink include those brought to you by the Machinists (IAM), United Farm Workers (UFW), the United Food and Commercial Workers (UFCW) and the Teamsters (IBT).
Matzo Products, Crackers and Farfel
- Manischewitz (UFCW)
- Empire Kosher (UFCW)
Wine and Grape Juice
- Arbor Mist (UFCW)
- C.K. Mondavi (UFW, UFCW)
- Chateau Ste. Michelle (UFW, IBT)
- Gallo of Sonoma (UFW)
- Turning Leaf (UFCW)
- Minute Maid Grape Juice (UFCW)
- Welch’s Grape Juice (UFCW)
See more union-made wine and beverages here.
Here's Empire Kosher's recipe for glazed and spiced matzo stuffed chicken breasts. For this recipe, here are some union-made ingredients to incorporate:
- 6 tablespoons Empire Kosher Rendered Chicken Fat, divided
- 4 cups Passover Matzo Farfel (Manischewitz)
- Salt and pepper (Morton Salt [UFCW, IAM] and Durkee Pepper [UFCW])
- 6 Empire Kosher Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (Durkee [UFCW])
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (Durkee [UFCW])
- ¾ cup white wine (see union-made options here).