Why should Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) lose his job in next week’s recall election against Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett? Here are 11 good reasons:
- Scott Walker eliminated the collective bargaining rights of 380,000 public employees.
- Scott Walker has led Wisconsin to last place in the nation in job creation.
- Scott Walker has disenfranchised tens of thousands of young voters, senior citizens and minority voters with voter suppression and voter ID laws.
- Scott Walker has put the health care coverage of 17,000 people at risk with unfair budget cuts.
- Scott Walker has allowed the extremist, corporate-backed American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) to exercise “extraordinary” influence in Wisconsin lawmaking.
- Scott Walker has made wage discrimination easier by repealing Wisconsin’s Equal Pay enforcement law.
- Scott Walker has attacked public workers’ retirement security.
- Scott Walker blocked the path to skilled middle-class jobs for young workers by repealing rules on state apprenticeship programs.
- Scott Walker killed the creation of more than 15,000 jobs when he rejected $810 million in federal funds to construct a passenger rail system between Milwaukee and Madison.
- Scott Walker’s new tax breaks for the wealthy and corporations will cost the state $2.4 billion over the next 10 years.
- Scott Walkers’ unfair budget cuts to the state's Earned Income Tax Credit will raise taxes on 145,000 low-income families with children.
Did we miss something? Tell us in your comments.