Passing along this message from Adrienne Sheares, social media fellow at Young Invincibles, an organization dedicated to ensuring young people have a voice in health care issues.
As you may know, it’s almost graduation time! On May 1, we re-launched an updated version of our Health Care Toolkit in anticipation of all the new graduates who’ll have questions about health coverage. You can find the toolkit at www.GettingCovered.org, including state-specific versions. I would greatly appreciate if your group could help us spread the word about this critical and easy-to-use resource for young adults and families about how they can find insurance coverage, and what they need to know about the revised health care law.
The theme for this week is, "Friends with Benefits: Not Just for College Students.” I've provided some sample social media language for your groups to send out to your networks. When we did our Valentine’s Day Friends with Benefits campaign in February, we wanted a theme that would draw young people in and build momentum for more health care education. Due to some changes in the health care law, in addition to many upcoming graduates being concerned about health insurance as they leave campus, we wanted to re-launch our Friends with Benefits program.
Our goal is for all partners to send a notice to their members and networks before Friday, May 11th.
Here are materials and information on how you can participate.
1. Tweet using the #FriendsWithBenefits hashtag and follow us at @YI_Care.
Here are some sample tweets that you can push to your followers all week. (You can also retweet what @YI_Care and our partners are saying.) All you have to do is copy, paste and tweet:
- Graduation doesn’t mean you stop having #FriendsWithBenefits. It starts w/ getting #health insurance. Find out more at bit.ly/cburko
- Before you leave campus life behind, be sure to tell your #FriendsWithBenefits how to stay covered w/ a toolkit:bit.ly/cburko
- Congrats 2012 Grads! Now make sure your friends are getting benefits too! bit.ly/cburko #friendswithbenefits
- FriendsWithBenefits is not just for college students. Spread the love w/@YI_Care #FriendsWithBenefits toolkit.#Healthcare
2. Facebook: You also can post about the Health Care Toolkit using the messages above.