Walmart workers are asking people nationwide to support them today, Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year. We're reminding supporters to take action today that spreads the word about their strikes and demonstrates to Walmart a wave of support for workers who are speaking out about poor working conditions, low wages, irregular hours and more.
Here are some ways you can help from Making Change at Walmart:
1. Take the Black Friday Pledge to say that you will stand with workers on the busiest shopping day of the year. On the Corporate Action Network website we are gathering locations for actions and events supporting Walmart strikers, as well as materials. Enter your city or ZIP code to see if we have something scheduled near you or adopt your own store.
2. If you want to help in another way, why not sponsor a striker? The brave act of going out on strike also comes with an economic cost. By making a donation, you can help to ensure that Walmart strikers receive a $50 grocery gift card.
3. Use our Share for Respect Facebook app to tell your Walmart worker friends about what’s going on.
4. Join the conversation on how to change Walmart by contributing art and ideas to our Tumblr.
5. Connect with workers and other community supporters on our Official Black Friday Walmart Strike Facebook page and like the Making Change at Walmart Facebook page.
6. On Twitter, use the hashtag #walmartstrikers and follow Making Change at Walmart.