Oklahoma City-area union members who were impacted by tornadoes and who participate in Union Plus programs may be eligible for financial assistance.
Union Plus Disaster Relief Grants of $500 are available to help participants in the Union Plus Credit Card, Insurance or Mortgage programs who are facing financial hardship due to this devastating natural disaster. The money does not have to be repaid.
To qualify for a Union Plus Disaster Relief Grant, a union member must:
- Have been a survivor of the severe weather in counties designated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as qualifying for individual assistance. (Click here for FEMA’s list of qualifying counties.)
- Have experienced a significant loss of income or property within the past six months due to the disaster.
- Have had a Union Plus Credit Card, Union Plus Insurance policy or Union Plus Mortgage for at least 12 months, with the account or policy in good standing (be up to date on payments).
- Describe her or his circumstances and document the income or property loss.
To apply for a disaster relief grant, union members who participate in any of the following programs can call:
- Union Plus Credit Card: 1-877-761-5028
- Union Plus Mortgage: 1-800-472-2005
- Union Plus Insurance: 1-800-472-2005
Union Plus Mortgage and Credit Card holders also may be eligible to receive payment extensions or other special help.
The Union Plus Disaster Relief Fund has provided more than $780,000 in assistance to union members facing hardships after hurricanes Sandy and Katrina, floods, wildfires and other natural disasters.