Below is a list of resources for federal and other workers who have been locked out or lost their jobs because of the House Republican government shutdown.
We will be updating this list as we receive more info in the coming days.
- Find your local AFL-CIO Community Services liaison or labor council. Click here to use the People Who Help directory.
- When the paycheck stops. Click here for financial resources on where to go for help, working with your creditors, applying for food assistance and more.
- Managing utility payments.
- Job loss resources from NLC Invested.
- Preventing home foreclosure.
- AFGE, FINRA, AFL-CIO job loss pamphlet.
AFSCME Council 26 has a list of resources, budgeting tools and sample letters to creditors, courtesy of the Community Services Agency (CSA), Metropolitan Washington Council, as well as additional info for workers in Washington, D.C., Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia and Delaware.